Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Tablescape Thursday -

Welcome to Tablescape Thursday.


This is a lovely event hosted by Susan at Between Naps on the Porch.
You will experience the most exquisite tablescapes from the participants on Susan's blog.
My tablescape was for a dinner party for 8 very special people.
Well 6 very special people and my husband and myself.
I would like to thank
my guests for such an enjoyable evening
and I would like to welcome my Tablescape Thursday guests for visiting....


I love how you talented tablescapers layer your tables, so for this table I took
my inspiration from you




I started with a white damask tablecloth, and then added a fun square print tablecloth with flowers in aquas and purples. On top of this I used a quilted runner.


I love these colors together.
My centerpiece was a large ornate iron lantern.


I bought this at TJ Maxx with the intention of using it outside but I loved it on this table.



I love birds so I added birds, and if you have birds you must have eggs and if you have eggs you must have bird nests.


Do recognize those bird salt and pepper shakers?


Yes, I couldn't be left out so I bought the Target birds as well. I have yet to name them.


Any suggestions?

I also used Susan's suggestion of linen water when ironing my


napkins. Loved, loved, loved that idea.


Tulips were the flower of choice because those are the
flowers my husband sent me for Mother's Day.


Each place setting had a wooden charger, aqua plate, and aqua flower shaped salad plate. The bread plate is antique china.




Each guest had a cookie on their plate. The cookies were in the shape of crowns because each

guest should be treated as royalty.


The monogram helped everyone find their seat.



I don't know if you can see but the etched water glasses have a purple tint.

Thank you for stopping by for my Tablescape Thursday.
I enjoyed having you.


Now head back to Susan's because you are in for the most lovely tablescapes around blogland.

Related Posts with Thumbnails