Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Tablescape Thursday - Table for Two Please

Welcome to Tablescape Thursday.

Hosted by the multi talented Susan at Between Naps on the Porch.
Today I have a table for two, very small
and simple, for hubby and me.

I started with a brown floral place mat that match my kitchen and resemble my curtains.
I think that's why a like them so much.

I layered it with a fun white charger, then a cream on cream gold
rimmed plate that I got from Target at an after Christmas sale about 5
years ago. I topped it with a handled salad bowl that I got
at Tai Pan Trading Company about a month ago for 1.94


I accented with green polka dotted napkins and green water glasses.


My napkin ring is a crazy amber glass beaded candle ring.

Flowers from the garden.

Since I was serving salad a little bunny came by to check
out what kind of lettuce I was using.

He was a little early because I had not yet served the salad.


But I invited him to stay anyway.

This is a romaine and spinach salad with red peppers,
tomatoes, red onion, pine nuts and cranberries with a balsamic vinaigrette.
(lots of garlic in the dressing)


The main course was
Marinated Tri-tip
and a delicious tomato, garlic, basil pasta. I will post this recipe tomorrow.

Thanks for stopping by, now back to Susan's for more
tablescape fun.

Related Posts with Thumbnails