Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The Park





I ran in the park this morning and the weather was outstanding.
You could feel the briskness in the air and you could see
all the way to the foothills of Mt Baldy.
Kevin ran with me and we walked up the hill with Mike and Alice
and then we ran into Roger and Dusty.
Afterwards I met Donna and we had a very vigorous walk.
Her endorphins should be kicking in about now. You go girl!


Kris told me a story about a wealthy man, who, whenever he saw a coin, as small as a penny on the ground he would stop and take the time to pick it up and hold it in is hand for a moment before slipping it into his pocket. He was asked why he bothered to pick up something as worthless as a penny when he was so wealthy. Because, he said written on the penny are the words "In God we Trust" Whenever he saw a coin on the ground he would pick it up and thank God for all the blessings in his life. I found a penny this morning, and I thanked God for all the blessings in my life.

Related Posts with Thumbnails