Thursday, September 8, 2011

When the Moon Hits the Sky....

Oh my...August was such a busy month for me it melted into September.  And by melted I mean I came back to
triple digit temperatures and well....melted. 

The weather was glorious while it lasted though.  In August we celebrated my mom's August Bunco
"Under the Tuscan Moon" 
The evening didn't go exactly as planned
(does it ever?)
but it was glorious just the same. 
We spent the entire evening in the
"Porkadillo"
and it couldn't have been any more perfect. 
Kevin had brought in a wheelbarrow full of wood that is still there, waiting to be called upon,
to warm our first cool fall evening. 
Ours was perfect...as is.

Welcome to our dining experience...


Everything is ready in anticipation of Diana's guests...
 Our gorgeous April Cornell sunflower
tablecloth was our inspiration.

Yellow dishes...sunflowers....and



Dean, ready to lend a song
 

 Mom's yellow dishes
always make an appearance for August bunco.
We paired them with green and brown napkins adorned
with a raffia tied sunflower


Fun and festive


You can't have Italian without Red Pepper flakes
to spice things up.


and of course the Vino

I always love do get the Chianti in these
basket bottles.
It makes me feel Italian



All we need now are a few guests


My friend Tammy made our invitations and our
bunco score sheets. 

Everything was so cute.
Menu:

Appetizers

 

Vegetables and Fiesta Dip
(with Jicama of course)

Kristi's fabulous Bruschetta

Main Course

Italian Chopped Salad
with Balsamic and Olive Oil dressing

Roasted Red Pepper Eggplant Parmesan

Sausage, Cheese and Basil Pizza

Pine Nut and Feta Angel Hair Pasta
(another one of Kristi's fabulous creations)

Dessert

Italian Cheesecake
(do I dare say it??? another
delicious creation by Kristi,
and did I mention she is
the most fantastic partner to work with
when we are having any sort of party?)

Kristi....did we take pictures of that delicious food or did we just eat it, as soon as it came out of the oven?

Tammy and me

We ate, drank, talked, laughed and
maybe played a game or two of bunco.
What we didn't do was karaoke.

but that just gives us an excuse for another
party.


Not that we need an excuse of course.

Bunco only started my August festivities...next up
Stacy, James and Bella come for a visit.














Related Posts with Thumbnails