Wednesday, November 17, 2010

We all Fall Down - Tablescape Thursday

Today is Tablescape Thursday hosted by Susan at Between Naps on the Porch. Susan always has the most amazing tablescapes, so be sure to check them out, as well as the other participants.

Here's a blast from the past

Today I am embracing Fall, like my friend Kris, I have put away Halloween and am looking forward to Thanksgiving. I haven't embraced Thanksgiving enough yet to
bring out the pilgrims and turkeys (I always prolong the pilgrims) but I have harvested pumpkins, acorns and leaves for your viewing pleasure.
I have chosen one of my favorite runners as inspiration. The colors are so rich and I just love the different fabrics and textures. So with gold, red and rust as my base I have brought in leaves, pumpkins and acorns.
The pumpkins are made of mercury glass. I picked them up as a set from Sam's Club.
They were originally going to be one of my bunco gifts...but alas they wanted to stay and live with me.
So out with the witches and spiders and in with Fall.

The tall red goblets and the amber etched water glasses were

purchased at Bombay several years ago. As I was doing my table I
broke one of the red goblets and forgot to switch it out.

I bought these napkin rings at Tai Pan Trading Co.
They were in a set of 4 and ran about 1.25 each

They are a little cheesy but I loved the sparkle
Here you can see my runner and little glass acorns.
My poor goblet...I hate when I man handle things.

This is the largest of the set of Sam's Club pumpkins.


The leaf garland has acorns in it.

And I have glass acorns scattered down the center.



A peek at the sideboard



I took my theme to my sideboard. I love
these acorns. I bought them several years ago at HomeGoods
and found a couple more last week.


The candles should be a little more rust but,
they were left over from Halloween.



and I love the leaves.

Thanks for stopping by and sharing this lovely Fall day
with me.



Please come back and visit soon. Now head back to Susan's

After looking at these pictures I noticed I used quite a bitof mercury glass. My gold hurricanes were also purchased at HomeGoodsseveral years ago for a Christmas table.
Related Posts with Thumbnails