Tuesday, November 30, 2010

I am Thankful ...

Yes,
there are so many things I am thankful for ...
of course GOD, Family, Friends, Health ...

As usual we enjoyed a delightful Thanksgiving,
it was smaller than usual this year,
but sometimes that's fun too.  We enjoyed dinner and a movie (the Holiday)...
with lots of food, desserts, and butter.

My daughter Kristi posted our festivities, so
you can see more pics from the day.



You can see my mom scoped out a great pre dinner
seat in front of a roaring fire.  You can glimpse her
but not the fire.


Loved the colors of these candles.


A jovial moment




Sean was in charge of the kobayashi maru.
Do you not know what that is?
(other than the test
Captain Kirk cheated at in Star Trek..for you trekkies)

It's what Sean calls the cheese sauce he
makes for the brocolli.




Riley enjoyed her day and she was so good. 
She requested that her mom straighten her hair
for the day...we aren't used to that.

Madison was good too....she slept through dinner. 
Very relaxing.

We were not without casualties....


and we were not without butter....everyone who passed this
crockpot of mashed potatoes added a pat or two.


We ate fairly early so we would have time to digest
and enjoy our desserts.


It was kind of nice to have the fireplaces going for a change.  Usually
we don't have that crisp Fall feeling....


and I did love this vintage sign I found at TJM

This was our blessing....we held hands in the
kitchen before fixing our plates...old and


young alike


and pumpkin pie, apple pie and pumpkin cheesecake.
Oh and I can't forget our ever present rice pudding,
a favorite of mine since I was little.


and Sean's artistic touch...a turkey.


and of course Kristi told you about our taste test....better check
her blog to see which one...won!!


On Friday, instead of fighting the shopping
mania or maniacs ... I decided to decorate my house.
So I will have lots of fun pictures to share this week.
Until then....let the holidays begin.


Related Posts with Thumbnails