Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Casual Elegance

Its time for Tablescape Thursday and
this week I am calling my tablescape
"Casual Elegance"

It really isn't elegant, but with the mix of styles it goes
from a wee bit casual to a wee bit fancier.

My colors are green, gold and creamy yellows.





The sunflowers, polka dots and plaid napkins
all scream casual





Amber glass candlesticks, beaded garland,
cream patterned dishes and brocade runner are all
a bit more formal





But overall just FUN




I used one green water goblet
and another etched amber goblet



The antique amber sherry glasses were going to be used as
individual vases, one at each plate....however.....
it was a nice idea that didn't happen!
Oh Well...





I think the table has a soothing look,
especially with the birdies milling around.





A close up of the pattern on the cream dishes with
the whimsical polka dot guy on top.



 You can catch a glimpse of the etched
pattern on the amber glass





Birds eye view





A little candlestick action, all dressed
up for dinner



with it's pretty beaded skirt






I love my footed bowl too. 
This usually lives on my
buffet





Thanks for stopping by and thanks to Susan
at
for hosting Tablescape Thursday.



By the way....
A little birdie told me to tell you all
to have a great day!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails