Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Old Glory - Tablescape Thursday

In honor of Memorial Day
this past weekend I am doing a
red, white and blue inspired table. 
The guest of honor is
"Old Glory"



I started by reversing the placemat to the
red striped side at each placesetting,
adding a white ceramic charger, stars and stripes plate
and red napkin with a sparkle napkin ring.

The napkin rings came in a set of 4
from HomeGoods.
2 Red, 1 Navy and a Silver

The quilted navy square in the center
of the table is the reverse side of a watercolor patterned
square quilted by my mom years ago.





I used blue water goblets with a summery
pattern on them.


Take a closer look at these plates.


They are a very thick paper plate.
I think they are way too cute to throw away, but after
I use them I will have to



The table

A bit of stars and stripes

A red wave of sparkle down the center of the table


and as the light was fading I remembered all of the
great posts I have seen lately with
pictures taken during the blue hour....
so I thought I would wait for it



and all of a sudden it happened

 

I didn't do a great job with it,
but after experimenting
with the light I learned alot. 
Maybe next post I can put it to good use.
It is amazing the sky can glow like that.


So remember those men and woman who
have fought so hard for us in the past, and those
fighting for us today so that we might
enjoy the freedoms of this country.
Maybe we need to take a little bit more time
to remember.

Thanks for visiting, now back to Susan's
at Between Naps on the Porch for more
Tablescape Thursday Participants.



Related Posts with Thumbnails