Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Family, Food and Theft ...

Quick Tablescape Thursday...
The Rush Family Dinner

Every December my daughter and son in law host
a family dinner.
I know, isn't there enough to do without
throwing another event
into the mix? 
Well NO, not really.

Kristi set a rustically elegant table. 
That is she used wood chargers and more earthy elements, but also threw in a little sparkle. 
After all, it was the holidays.
I love the deep reds and that fun green.
Like a happy olive.





Our menu was Italian themed and delicious.
We enjoyed an assortment of appetizers,
blue cheese and walnut salad, Italian sausage with peppers and onions,
a pasta dish and  homemade pizza.


As usual we ate TOO much, laughed TOO hard, and
had a GREAT time!



It was such a lovely evening, darest I mention the incident?


Kristi has a stolen treasured ornament.  It was removed
intentionally accidentally from my home. 


and someone, I won't name names, decided to
return it.  And when I reference "it" I really
should use it's proper name. 


"The Santa Poop"



Needless to say, Kristi was distraught....
I just hope it finds it's way back
home next year....


and so the games begin ....

for hosting.  Be sure to head back to see
all the tablescape fun.
Related Posts with Thumbnails