Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Tablescape Thursday - All Decked Out

Welcome to Tablescape Thursday
hosted by the lovely Susan at Between Naps on the Porch.

I am officially all decked out... My halls are decked
and I can actually begin to enjoy the season.  Well that is as
soon as I finish my shopping..... UGH!

Since I have a poinsettia inspired theme in my diningroom and livingroom,  I contiunued my theme onto my table.

It's my sister in laws fault.  She bought me this gorgeous
set of pointsettia napkin rings.  I loved them when I got them
last year....and I loved them all over again when I pulled them out this year.




I embraced the gold, cream and red for this table.  I bought
these doves at Tai Pan Trading Co last year and I was happy
to pull these old friends out again this year.


I used some of the napkin rings in my centerpiece to tie in the red.





I have a lighted flocked tree that I used in the center of the table.







Do you like my little gold tree placecard holders?  Do you
see who one of my guests is?  Hint:  He a very shiney nose, and if you
ever saw it, you would even say it glows




      


A few different shots.


A view of the placesetting




Here is a crazy shot




Here is where Mrs. Claus' will sit.



I told the poinsettia legend on a previous post but I
thought it would be appropriate with this table.

Poinsettia Legend
A ancient legend connected the poinsettia with Jesus' birth. A young brother and sister had nothing to offer to baby Jesus at Christmas. They took the long way to church hoping to find something along the way. Desperately, they picked up some green leafy weeds and brought them into the church.


The children entered the church and laid the weeds at the feet of the baby Jesus. The weed suddenly erupted into sparkling red blooms that overshadowed all the baby Jesus' other gifts, and the children rejoiced.

Merry Christmas and thanks for stopping by, now head back over to Susan's
for more tablescape fun.
Related Posts with Thumbnails