Tuesday, July 27, 2010

New York, New York

A Small Glimpse of the Big Apple

While visiting family on Long Island we took
a quick trip into the city for a few hours. 
After boarding
the Long Island Railroad we headed off to the Big Apple.


The train ride lasted a little over 2 hours and
then we arrived at our destination ....
Penn Station




Our first stop was ground zero...but it
was pretty much covered up...I took
a picture through a small slit in the fence.


They have big plans for this spot,
but I think it is going to be more of a
money maker...tourist trap.
That got me a little mad, I hope I'm wrong.

I think we should be able to remember
what happened and not commercialize it.


We also had a drink overlooking Times Square
and had our picture taken.
Can you see where we are?


 
Here's a closer look...where are we?


I was the only one taking a pic of myself.

We saw some pretty buildings and churches


St. Patrick's
Recognize this one?

Does anyone know who this is?  She was
being interviewed.  I was guessing a Sinatra???

It was a quick trip, lots of walking but very fun.
Next time I would love to spend a few days
in the city and do some sightseeing
and see a show.
Thank you to my Aunt Linda
for braving the day and taking us.

I am linking to Outdoor Wednesday hosted
by lovely Susan at A Southern Daydreamer.

Happy Wednesday to all.



Related Posts with Thumbnails