Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Outdoor Wednesday - Remembering




Welcome to Outdoor Wednesday




Happy Outdoor Wednesday which is hosted by the lovely Susan
at A Southern Daydreamer.



Today I would like to honor the men and women who gave their service and some their

lives so that we might have the many freedoms we enjoy today. Freedoms that we sometimes take for granted until there is a threat of having them taken away.
This year Memorial Day is on May 25th.




Me·mo·ri·al Day (m-môr-l, -mr-) KEY NOUN:
May 30, observed in the United States in commemoration of those members of the armed forces killed in war. It is officially observed on the last Monday in May. Also called Decoration Day .



There is something about watching a flag blowing in the wind that captures your patriotic spirit.



Once a Navy man, always a Navy man...


This is my dad, he was in the Navy during the Korean War.
What I have noticed most about people who have
been in the military is their undying love for our country.


So in keeping with the upcoming holiday, I pulled out the bunting.




I love to see my house in it's patriotic colors.



Bunting makes me think of summer.
I am not quite ready for the heat of summer but maybe the homemade ice cream could make an appearance at anytime.


Ivy and I also planted a few planters in the front yard on Sunday. Here she is enjoying the fruits of her labor.


It needs to fill in a bit but I think I will have some nice color soon.
Foxgloves have always been one of my favorites. Ivy picked the color.




Thanks for stopping by and have a happy holiday... maybe


make some homemade ice cream and give a veteran a hug.




Now skip on back to Susan's for more outdoor fun. You will see a list of


participants to continue your outdoor adventures.






Forever may she wave......



over the land of the free.

Related Posts with Thumbnails