Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Tablescape Thursday - Mellow Yellow

Welcome to Tablescape Thursday and
Thrifty Thursday


hosted by Susan at Between Naps on the Porch and Leigh at Tales from Bloggeritaville.
If you haven't visited these blogs before you are in for a real treat.
Mellow Yellow

This is my first Thrifty Thursday and I thought I would combine
it with my Tablescape Thursday.

I did a little shopping in the clearance isle at my
friendly neighborhood HomeGoods and came
home with the following:





(1) Tablecloth with a yellow and orange paisley design (I realized
I didn't have anything in these colors and they were so happy)

(2) Oddball napkins @ .70 ea

(4) Sunflower plates @ 2.99 ea

(1) orange candle @ 1.00

(6) Brown metal napkin rings with a flower design (from Pier I)

Here are the yellow and orange items I scavenged for my table.

The tablecloth was a small rectangle so I laid it out on the diagonal.
I used the 2 bargain napkins to put in the center. See one is solid and one is striped.

My place setting was my sunflower plate on top of

a pale yellow plate on top of a wood charger.


I used some cream napkins with tan accents for my brown metal

napkin rings.



The yellow water glasses were a previous purchase and the yellow
sherry glasses (no we didn't have sherry) were
from my grandfather.

The flowers were a combination of a bouquet given to me as a hostess
gift and darker orange and yellow roses from my yard.


Do you like the cute little salt and pepper shakers.


The lantern was also a previous purchase. I don't know
where it will finally make it's home, but I did like it on this table.

Thank you for stopping by and sharing my Thrifty Thursday and
Tablescape Thursday. Check back with both Susan and Leigh and
see what the participants are sharing today. You will be in for a treat.

Happy Shopping


Related Posts with Thumbnails