Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Everything's Coming Up Roses

Welcome to Tablescape Thursday. 
My original plans for this table was something very racy. 
Or I should say my daughter's plans for this tablescape. 
She thought it would be an excellent idea for
me to set a very beautiful,
elegant dining table with all of my
best china and stemware. 
She then told me that for my centerpiece
I should get a nice handsome man to put on a speedo
and lay out down on my runner amongst
my beautiful china and crystal.

Alas, no takers,
so I settled for this lovely tablescape
that I set on my kitchen table. 
My breakfast nook looks out to my backyard
which is so beautiful right now. 
Everything is blooming and looks so fresh and new,
except for my windows,
they don't look so fresh and new. 

Unfortunately, today was an overcast,
rainy day so you can't see my beautiful blooming yard. 
I'm starting to think that this is a very off day for me. 
The handsome man was not around to act as my centerpiece
and the sun is not shining and
the lighting is terrible on my table.

So as it is, I give you today's tablescape.

I used my everyday tablecloth and added
some striped placemats.
Actually the placemats have a really
cute floral pattern on the other side but I
thought the stripes looked good with my tablecloth.
A view from above

I love this plate rack

It has been a rainy morning here and
just when I decided to take
some pictures I got a burst of strong sunlight,
which played havoc with the lighting.















Did I mention I love this two tier plate stand,
and use it every chance I get.
The oranges are from my yard.


I used my red toile bowl with my cream scalloped dishes,
which
I put on a plain red plate
Here is a pic of the placesetting

One more....with some extreme light
A view looking into the kitchen

Here is a bunnies eye view....

A closer look at my toile

Thanks so much for coming by,
maybe next time the centerpiece will
cooperate "NOT"
I am linking to Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for
Tablescape Thursday so be sure to visit all of the lovely
Tablescape participants and come back and visit often
Related Posts with Thumbnails