Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Dragonflies and Butterflies

Welcome to Tablescape Thursday
I feel like it has been forever since I have participated in one of my most
favorite weekly events.
Tablescape Thursday is hosted by Susan at Between Naps on the Porch.
Be sure to visit her because she will quickly become one of your "favorites"

This week I did an insect inspired table. Actually I was selective with
my insects and limited them to dragonflies and butterflies.
My inspiration came from a set of 4 square dragonfly salad plates I picked up a few
weeks ago at Target on clearance, paired with aqua stemware etched with
dragonflies that I bought at HomeGoods.


Dragonfly etched stemware... love
the color and the etching. I am a sucker for anything aqua.


Here is a closeup of the dragonfly salad plates, aren't they cute? I started with a square floral tablecloth, layered a ball fringed place mat, layered with a woven crazy colored place mat.



I used my favorite chargers, a simple Tracy Porter rope edged dinner plate, and

my dragonfly salad plate, placed on the diagonal.


I put old iron, garden stakes in my flower arrangements. One butterfly and one dragonfly.

My lantern has a butterfly motif on each side, and I put
a magnolia and aqua ribbon on top.

The votive candle holders also have a butterfly motif.

This is the fabric I used for my kitchen curtains and I love it.
The colors are so fun and rich.

Another view

The candles are lit but it is still a little light outside.

I also laid a string of dragonfly lights down the center of the table.
One of them landed on the corner of the salad plate.


and that's about it for me.....



Thanks for stopping by



and I hope you come back very soon. I do enjoy our visits and comments.

Now back to Susan's

Related Posts with Thumbnails