Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Tablescape Thursday - Spa Day continued




Welcome to Tablescape Thursday
hosted by Susan at Between Naps on the Porch

Susan has the most lovely blog that you will thouroughly enjoy.


Spa Day
Tammie's Birthday
Fun, Fabulous and Fifty


This is a continuation of Spa Day celebrating my girlfriend's 50th birthday.
The ladies and I decided to have beverages, swimming (or floating) and luncheon in my yard. I set up the gazebo for the festivities and everyone brought yummy food to share.

We chose black, hot pink and white for our theme colors. I hung sheer white panels in the gazebo to give it an airy spa look. I think I will change the ribbon color and keep them up for the rest of the summer. I love them.


I incorporated polka dots into the theme and got a piece of fabric in hot pink with black polka dots that I cut into a square and used for accent on white tablecloths.
I bought these white tablecloths several summers ago for my daughters wedding. I purchased them in a 2 pack at Sam's Club. They are a great bargain and have held up, I use them outside on banquet tables all the time.

My girlfriend, and my daughter helped me paint these glasses. We decorated them with jewels and paint. They served double duty as glasses and place cards. We personalized them with names and flourishes.


The were so fun to do and added a personal touch.




My favorite element was my long stemmed gerbera daisies in the center. I place them on mirrors to add a little sparkle.

Tammie the Birthday girl

Some of the food we enjoyed:

Chicken salad croissant sandwiches

Fruit Salad

Pasta salad

Potato salad

Italian Chopped salad

Shrimp cocktail

Carrot salad



I used black chargers, black and white toile dishes (from Target) and pretty black and white napkins.


Here's a closeup of the placesetting


Cake and Decorated Sugar Cookies provided by:
Tammie requested chocolate espresso cake with chocolate ganauche filling.
The shape and style was provided by Kristi.
This cake is all buttercream.


Thanks for visiting my tablescape and sharing Tammie's special day.

Now head back to Susan's for more tablescape fun.



Related Posts with Thumbnails