Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Mesa de la Maria Rosa

I thought for Tablescape Thursday
I would do a Cinco de Mayo
inspired table however,
I think I ended up with a Cinco de Mayo meets Zorro.  
My inspiration began
with these pretty placemats I bought at HomeGoods. 
The embroidered rose pattern caught my eye,
but as I started to set my table
I realized I wouldn't be able to see the pattern if I put them under my placesetting....so I changed my plans.



(Sorry, but my camera is acting up
so my pictures are a little on the blurry side)
I took my placemats and used them
as a sort of runner down the center
of my table...turning the rose pattern at a
different angle on each placemat.
After taking the pics you really can't see
the pattern as well as you can in person
I used this metal candle holder in the center 
and two heavy candlesticks on either end of the table.
This reminded me of the old Mediterranean
look from the 70's, does anyone remember?


The roses are from my yard and I added a branch
from my orange tree.  Even though they
don't have blossoms anymore they still smell so good.


Can you see the new oranges?
Up close and personal!


I also used these cute little Mexican
influenced salad plates

Since we will be serving Sangria,
we will use the margarita glasses for a delicious Flan.

Red napkins and more metal in the napkin ring



The plates are layered...wooden charger,
black charger, red plate, Mexican influenced
salad plate.


Bird's eye view


and ant's eye view...even though
there are no ants on the table



 A close up of the napkin ring 

Into evening...



Another view

A bit romantic...
I except Don Diego de la Vega at anytime


Thanks for visiting



Be sure to view all of the other tablescapes
over at Susan's
Between Naps on the Porch
in the meantime I think my
guest has arrived


Related Posts with Thumbnails