Sunday, February 8, 2009

My 1st Metamorphosis Monday- "Pretty in Pink"

Thank you to our hostess Susan from Between Naps on the Porch ... visit her blog
for more Met Mondays

"Pretty in Pink"

My daughter and son and law bought bought a new house, and for the past 4 weekends we have been moving, painting, cleaning, and carpeting. It is definitely a family affair, and these old bones are feeling every step of the way. Today was the first day we saw the fruits of our labor.

These are the before pictures of the upstairs bathroom that will be shared by their daughters, Riley and Madison. Riley is 2 and Madison is 3 months, so the plan was to make an "all girls, very girlie bathroom"



I don't know if you can see that tub/shower, but I was the lucky duck who got to clean it.
Yuk!




Inspiration: Towels with light pink and hot pink polka dots and small handtowels
with ballerina dancers.

We started off painting the walls a very soft pink, actually the color was "Barely Pink"

The unexpected


Funny thing ...... I went shopping for a few things to do a Valentine's Day table and lo and behold, they showed up in my grandaughter's bathroom. How did that happen? I was arranging the
sink and was thinking, wouldn't it be nice to hang something in this corner. I turned
around and my daughter was pulling my "rose poofs" out of my bag.
Actually I think the rose poofs look great in the bathroom. Very fun and whimsical.

The little ballerina jewelry holder became a hair bow
display (since 2 year olds eat their jewelry), and the cute suitcase became
the keeper of lotions, and bubble bath. I don't know
if you can see it but some of the bubble bath has glitter in it. Oh, so Girlie.
"Hair bow" Holder

Sparkly lotions





A little lamp. The soap dispenser and toothbrush
holder are also sparkly




As you can see, Riley loves her new bathroom.


Thank you for stopping by and sharing my Met Monday, see you next time.

And here is Riley enjoying her new step stool.

Here are the ballerina towels tied in satin ribbons. The original inspiration.
Related Posts with Thumbnails