Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Tablescape Thursday - Guess who's coming to dinner?

Thank you Susan at between naps on the porch for hosting
another fun Tablescape Tue oops Thursday.

We celebrated my son Sean's birthday on Sunday and I decided to
do his table displaying his various interests. My inspiration came when
I found 3 candlesticks on clearance for 3.00 a piece at TJ Maxx. That got
me started on a black, silver and white table. I felt that was
a nice masculine start, but it is against my grain to go completely masculine so I had to add my feminine touch.
He didn't mind as long as he got to take home the candlesticks.
I found a tablecloth on clearance for 7.50 and 3 place mats for .70 ea. and so I had my base.



Other guests included: Stephen Spielberg (film hero), Babe Ruth (baseball hero), Ronald Reagan (political hero) and George Lucas (writing hero) and I also threw the Rat Pack in for the bad boy influence for fun.



I used black chargers, white dishes and a fun patterned black salad plate.







Our martinis were shaken, not stirred.




Our menu consisted of:

Appetizer: Stuffed mushrooms
Salad: Greens with a balsamic vinaigrette with romaine, cranberries, pine nuts, tomatoes, cucumber, and feta cheese.
Main course: New York steak grilled to perfection by hubby, spinach cakes (sounds goofy but is and old family recipe - spinach seasoned with Parmesan, bread crumbs and seasonings and fried) Spinach and cheese ravioli with browned butter and Parmesan,
and garlic bread.

It was a delightful evening.
Thank you for letting me share my tablescape,
now go back to Susan's and enjoy the other beautiful tables.


As you can see by my centerpiece, Sean's interests include film, baseball,
and politics. He plays baseball in college, he has written as yet an unpublished book, he would like to be involved in film and he plans on holding some sort of political office at some point in his life. The antique film cans gave me a place to set up Sean Connery.
Related Posts with Thumbnails