Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Tablescape Thursday - A Special Dinner for Eight

Thank you to our wonderful hostess Susan from http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/
for hosting this fun event. Visit her blog for more tablescapes by
extremely talented designers.

Todays tablescape was done by my friend Cheryl.
She and her husband invited us and two other couples for a delicious, and
beautiful evening. We started our evening with this lovely table

that she had prepared for us. Her centerpiece stretched

all the way across the table and she had it filled with the most cheery roses and tulips all arranged in individual vases. I think she said she got it from southern living.



Her silver goblet were an heirloom from her husband's mother, and she had
a beautiful matching pitcher on hand to keep our goblets filled with ice cold water. I wish I had taken a picture of the pitcher, it was gorgeous.
Here you can see the beautiful silver goblets and her lovely crystal glasses.
All this, a feast for the eyes, and we haven't even gotton to the delicious dinner yet


I wish I had gotten a picture of her beautiful chandelier. You can barely see it peeking out.



The menu:

Her husband grilled the most delicious steaks and she
prepared a saute of onions and mushrooms. Delicious

Twice baked potatoes
Broccoli casserole
French bread
Salad of lovely mixed greens



Doesn't this look yummy? It was!!

I didn't get a picture of the dessert, but we had cheesecake and coffee. The added surprise
was a chocolate fondue with a variety of fun dipping treats. It was the
most wonderful time and I thank them. Cheryl and Marc, my house next time.

Now that I have made you hungry, head back to Susan's for more tables. Thank you for letting me share.
Isn't her runner lovely?
Related Posts with Thumbnails