Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Tablescape Thursday - Impromptu lunch for 3 and a half

Tablescape Thursday

Hostest by the the multi-talented Susan at Between Naps on the Porch.



I had some visitors around lunch time the other day. The weather
was beautiful so I offered a humble lunch. I had 2 and 1/2 guests.

My two grand daughters Riley and Madison and my daughter Kristi.

They are good sports and were happy with whatever I had to offer.

Here's Riley enjoying her mac and cheese

Everyday dishes, blue and yellow place mats and about 10 year old blue
glasses from Mikasa
We did spring for cloth napkins for a more festive feel ;).

It was a gorgeous day and it was nice to take a break
and enjoy it.



Tuna sandwiches, carrots and hummus and fresh strawberries.
It always seems that when I have nothing to make for lunch, the tuna
sandwiches are the old standby.
We had a great view of the yard.


It's nice to stop and smell the roses, sometimes I feel like I am
going way to fast. There is something about grand kids that slows you down.
They are fascinating to watch, and discover the wonders in everyday life.

So take it from the kids and

slow down today so you too can enjoy God's wonders in the everyday world around us.

and if you have an impromptu visit......

remember, you can always serve tuna sandwiches.

Yummy.

Thanks so much for stopping by, I will see you in a bit. Until then head on

back to Susan's for the more lovely and creative tablescapes.

Related Posts with Thumbnails