Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Vaaarooooommmm, Vaaaroooommmmm.......

Happy Tablescape Thursday


Hosted by the very lovely Susan at Between Naps on the Porch.
I really don't think Susan does much napping on that beautiful porch
of hers, because she is too busy entertaining us with her charming blog.

Today I have decided to do a masculine (loosely speaking) outdoor
tablescape for six. My inspiration comes from a vintage style convertible that I found

to do a cookie bouquet a few years ago, and then it was going to be used

in decorating a baby grandson's bedroom (no boys so far, only girls)

therefore I have brought it out to set a table in honor of men in my life.


My colors are aqua blue, chocolate brown, tan and white. I have set an iron umbrella
table that is situated right off the pool.

I started with a striped tablecloth that I got at HomeGoods. It
is an umbrella tablecloth that I got on clearance.

I found these fun polka dot napkins that I just loved. Actually
I just love polka dots.


I started with a wooden charger (very manly ;)
and then an aqua plate and bowl. I got these at Target several years ago.
I used a mixture of polka dot and solid aqua napkins since the package had both.

Agua glasses that I just love, I bought a few years back.

I love the pattern in the glass and the vibrant color.

I hung lanterns from my umbrella. I wish I had gotten pictures
with them lit. We get so anxious to eat, no one wants to take pictures.

One of the lanterns.


Simple flowers from the garden. Gardenias, roses, hydrangeas.


Close up of the place setting. Very simple.

One more angle.



Love those glasses.
Can you see the vintage car. I think it just started up and is about to take off.
Yup, it moved inside to check out the food...


Did I mention we were having manly food?

Now drive back over to Susans for more tablescape fun...

Thanks for visiting.


Related Posts with Thumbnails