Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Outdoor Wednesday - Dancing with the Stars

Thank you Susan at A Southern Daydreamer for hosting another great Outdoor Wednesday.


Last week I missed Outdoor Wednesday because I was Dancing with the Stars .....


I had the opportunity to go into Hollywood and see
a taping of the results show for Dancing with the Stars.
I don't know if any of you in blogland are fans but it was a fantastic day.


My daughter requested tickets at the end of last season and
was notified that she could have 4 tickets to Tuesday nights results show.

It was gift to my mom. She and her husband had been living with my mom over the past year in an attempt to save money for a house. (They moved into their house in January) My 76 year old mom is a huge fan of Dancing with the Stars.

So lucky me, I got the tickets and along with my mom and two other friends headed out to Hollywood, -- CBS Television City to be exact.





The Judges - I know this is inside but we stood in line outside for hours.

No cameras were allowed, so this was all I could get.



This was the unlucky couple to be eliminated.



This was a view of the studio from where we stood in line. There were

2 ladies from Virginia behind us and 1 lady from Ohio in front

of us. They were all notified the same day we were and flew in to watch with no planning time.

After the show we headed to "The Grove" (which was

about 2 blocks away) for dinner. This is an upscale shopping center
frequented by "the Stars"


We ate dinner at La Piazza Ristorante Italiano

There we saw two of the dancers, Makshim Chmerkovskiy and Tony Dovolani.




Afterward two more of the dancers had an outdoor concert.

Dereck Hough and Mark Ballas


Who are your favorite dancers and celebrities?





1. Rapper Lil' Kim - Dereck Hough

2. Jackass star Steve-Lacy

O3. Melissa Rycroft-from the Bachelor-Tony

4. Football great Lawrence Taylor-Edyta

5. Olympic gold medalist Shawn Johnson, who, at 17, is the youngest contestant ever-Mark

6. Country star Chuck Wicks, who will dance with his girlfriend, Julianne Hough

7. Gilles Marini, aka "the naked guy from the Sex and the City movie"-Cheryl Burke

8. Actress Denise Richards, who will be partnered with Maksim Chmerkovskiy

9. Former Go-Go's frontwoman Belinda Carlisle-Eliminated

10. Apple Computers co-founder Steve Wozniak-Karina

11. Comedian David Alan Grier-

12. Holly Madison and D'mtry

13. Rodeo star (and Jewel's husband) Ty Murray -Chelsea

Thanks for stopping by.

Now back to Susan's for more "real" Outdoor Wednesdays.

Related Posts with Thumbnails