Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Tablescape Thursday - Seeing Green

Welcome to Tablescape Thursday by Susan our lovely hostess from at

Since St Patrick's Day is right around the corner, I decided
to break out the luck of the Irish and invite a leprechaun to dinner.
Since leprechauns are crafty fellows I knew I would have to entice him
with a wee pot of gold.
I was "lucky" enough to
to catch him for a picture but alas not lucky enough to get his pot of gold.
Maybe next year.

These little square bowls with be for our spinach salad.


We couldn't forget the green beer.

My place mats for from Ross for .70 each.



I pretended that my white eyelet napkins were not eyelet but
little shamrocks embroidered on Irish linen.

The menu is simple:


A Kelley Reuben on rye
(that is corned beef, provolone, sauerkraut and horseradish, grilled on rye)

Cole slaw (to meet the cabbage requirement)

Potato salad (because what self respecting Irishman would not like a potato)

and of course Green Beer

Thanks for stopping by, I look forward to seeing you next week.

Head on back to Susan's for more fun.

Related Posts with Thumbnails