Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Tablescape Thursday - Here comes Peter Cottontail ...

Thank you to the lovely Susan at Between Naps on the Porch
for hosting another Tablescape Thursday.




Bunny Brunch to Welcome Spring



In anticipation of the first day of spring tomorrow, I invited

Mr. Cottontail to help me welcome spring to my table.

My kids hate Mr. Cottontail, but I decided to invite him anyway. I haven't seen him for awhile and he was getting lonely so I gave him a special place on the table.




I started with a chenille runner that I have and love. It
is so soft, with it's pretty greens and purples and fun pom poms on the ends.


My friend Vivian who is in her 80's painted the little egg
where the little birdie is hiding.....

The roses and freesias are from my garden.


I also had these fun celery green place mats with a cotton lace
trim and napkins with a green ric-rac edge.
My floral plates are a set of four, each with a different
floral pattern



You can catch a glimpse of the basket of eggs Mr. Cottontail
will be hiding on Easter.


This sugar and creamer was a gift from my mother in law. It is

one of the first pieces of crystal she got as a young bride, and it is over 50 years old.

Several years ago I took china painting lessons from my dear friend Vivian.


The tea pot with roses is one of the pieces she painted for me. The pitcher below is one of the pieces I painted. It has sweet peas painted on it.




The coloring is soft but I think the picture makes it even lighter.



The menu was simple:

Brunch casserole

Fresh strawberries

Cinnamon rolls

Orange juice and coffee




Yummy



Mr. Cottontail welcomes spring and says hop back over

to Susans for the loveliest tablescapes ever.

Related Posts with Thumbnails