Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Tablescape Thursday - Spring Showers

Thank you to Susan at Between Naps on the Porch.
for another fun Tablescape Thursday.

Spring Showers …

I had big plans for a Sunday lunch in the gazebo this afternoon. Here in
California we almost never get interrupted by “weather”. Well today
we did. We were greeted with Spring Showers this morning, so lunch in the
Gazebo, became lunch by fireside.


We have a bistro table in our game room that we sometimes use for
cards or watching people play pool. I thought this would be the perfect

spot to perch by the fire for lunch and watch a game or two on TV. (or maybe a chick flick)


I combined flower shaped dishes and a sunflower salad plate to go with some fun woven place mats that I got on clearance a few years ago. The colors are so happy for this dreary day.


I invited a few chicks I know just in case the chick flick was an option.

Can you see the rain outside?


The menu is simple:

Tuna sandwiches with red onions, celery and almonds on

cracked wheat bread with sliced avocado

and instead of the nice fresh salad I had planned, I think a

hot bowl of Italian Wedding Soup.

and maybe a nice "beverage" in a frosty glass for game watching

Here you can see the fun flowers on the place mats.

The napkin ring is from Crate & Barrel. They come in
yellow, green, pink and aqua. I will be going back for more.



Thanks for joining me for lunch. My son just showed up with a Netflix for me- "The Woman"
I guess it will be a chick flick after all. (Men to the other room for sports)

Now back to Susan's for more tablescape fun.
Related Posts with Thumbnails