Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Tablescape Thursday - Chic Couture

Thank you to Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for hosting
another fun Tablescape Thursday.



My daughter celebrated her birthday this past weekend and we
had a birthday dinner for her. I did the table around a bag
with 60's high fashion. After I said I was tired of doing
tables in red, black and white, I ended up doing another one. I used
the bag as my centerpiece right down to "purse dog" FiFi.



Fi Fi up close and personal.





I used purses to put the flower arrangements in. They were cloth and looked
like little handbags from the 60's, like a gray flannel suit.



I layered black and white polka dot squares over a
white damask tablecloth.
The napkins wore bracelets as did FiFi.

It was a fun and funky table to do and Kristi
had a good time. My daughter has a cake and cookie business Your Sugar Rush
You can check it out by clicking the link
and I had talked her in to doing a cake for me. I wanted
a purse cake and I was going to use a hat box for the cake stand.
Two babies, and a last minute cookie order later, needless to say, I did not get my cake.



I just used plain red dishes on a black charger.


As you can see I didn't even finish putting out the silverware (shame on me)


No worries, dinner and company was great. Here's a quick pic
of the birthday girl.

and just before she made a "wish"

Now back to Susan's to continue a fun filled Tablescape Thursday.

Related Posts with Thumbnails