Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme ................

Welcome to Outdoor Wednesday.
Hostest by Susan at A Southern Daydreamer.

I haven't played in quite some time, but today I would like to share....
My Herb garden of sorts...

I have been threatening to plant an herb garden for some time now. I always have fresh basil on my window sill but, I thought it would be fun to have a bit more variety. So yesterday I played in the dirt. I bought italian parsley, rosemary, cilantro, basil, oregano and garlic. I am sageless and thymeless as the stores are gutted and almost herb-free. I will enjoy adding to my collection though.


I had this cart that was a gift from my kids for Mother's Day several years ago and decided it would be the perfect herb garden. So I cleaned it up (it may need some paint and some cute herb signs...
but that's a whole other project and shopping day)






And here is my collection of herbs...





And my new and improved herb garden.
Just as I finished it started raining.
Luckily it's on wheels and I can monitor the amount of rain it gets.
I don't want soggy herbs on my first try.



and the good news is, I have room for more herbs.
Related Posts with Thumbnails