Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Tablescape Thursday- Black and White and Red all over.

Greetings Tablescapers
& Thrifty shoppers

Welcome to another Tablescape Thursday hosted by the
very talented Susan at Between Naps on the Porch.
This Thursday happening is a real treat, so don't forget to visit
the other participants. You are in for a a great ride.

and Thrifty Thursday hosted by Leigh at Tales from Bloggeritaville were the fun never stops.

Black, White and Red all over
(well just a little red)


Last Saturday my husband surprised me by making reservations
for dinner (all on his own, almost like a date)
We go out to dinner but usually it is not planned, and certainly
not planned by him, unless it is with another couple. This
was just the two of us, and I found myself really looking forward to it.
Well all went as planned and we had a delightful evening.
This gave me an idea for Sunday night. He had
been gone all day so I decided to make a small light dinner
in the yard for just the two of us. We eat in the yard often but sometimes
when it is just the two of us I don't fuss over the table.

So I set the table in black and white. I have a white antique iron
table that I love. In fact I think it qualifies for a Thrifty Thursday find.
What do you think Leigh?

I found it with a good friend about 10 years ago and have loved it
ever since. I think the husband and wife who owned the shop
wanted me to buy it because they made me an offer
I couldn't refuse.
They knew I was the perfect person to love this table set
for it's next 50 years of life.


You can see the rose pattern on the chairs and on the table.

I used a square place mat that is comprised of beads forming the
shape of little flowers. On top of this I used a Waverly plate from Target with flowers and then a black napkin
with a flower embroidery and flower napkin ring.

Have you had enough flowers yet?


And since this was all about hubby, we needed to include
his favorite Irish beer ... Smithwicks.

I have covered these chairs several times, but I think this is my favorite.

This tray qualifies for a Thrifty Thursday. It was clearanced for
7.50 - I love it, and use it outdoors on the ottoman all the time.


So hubby came home and asked me who was coming for dinner. I said You.

It was a beautiful evening.

I used some white bubble glass water goblets.

and red roses from my garden.

The beer became the most important part of the place setting.

The very light menu consisted of
Chicken salad sandwiches, fruit, and carrots with hummus
and of course beer.
Again we had a delightful evening. It's his turn to plan the next one.
I can't wait.

The 5 minute chicken salad will fit in nicely with Foodie Friday.
More on that tomorrow.


Thanks for stopping by and be sure to check out Susan's and Leigh's
blogs.


Related Posts with Thumbnails