Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Tablescape Thursday - True Blue

Today is Tablescape Thursday.
This event is hosted by the lovely Susan at Between
Naps on the Porch. You are in for a treat when you visit her blog.


Today is also Thrifty Thursday

This event is hosted by the lovely Leigh at Tales from Bloggeritaville
You are always in for a fun time when you visit her blog.



True Blue

(with brown, white and cream)

Blue is one of my favorite colors, so it was a shock
to me when I realized I have very little in the dish department
that has blue in it.


Good Finds


I had these place mats which I loved, they are fun and funky with their little brown ball fringe. I bought them for 1.50 ea. - I also found matching napkins



Last week I showed you these cut work chargers that I bought 3.99 ea. I am not ready

to put them away yet and am very sad that I only found 5. I have put out a shopping 911 emergency out to my fellow shoppers in my area. Keep your fingers crossed for me in hopes someone comes across them.

I added a white plate


and a blue plate that I got for 1.99. I had planned on


using these blue plates for 4th of July with some red dinner plates.


But hey, they work today too.



and topped it off with a berry bowl from my everyday Mikasa, Garden Prose.
I had big plans to fill this with with blueberries but it was not to be.



My little candle house is decked out with a lily, blue plumbago, and magnolia
from my garden. Do you know how hard it is to find blue flowers? Especially
in my own garden.




Here are my little bird salt and peppers inspired by Susan
at Between Naps on the Porch. I have decided to call them
Sonny and Di. Right now they are fighting.


Do you see the cute ball fringe on the napkins? I also put a vase of flowers
at each place setting- blue plumbago, roses, hydrangeas and lilies.

Here is my candle house (for lack of a better description) up close
and personal.

I had a cloche and again had big plans for a lovely cake, but when I went to fill it I noticed a garden fairy had moved in. She was right at home overseeing all of the flowers.


I sure hope I can find more of those chargers.


Sonny and Di are still fighting

From this view you can get a glimpse at the yard.
Thanks for stopping by.


Oh and look who finally made up.


Now back over to Susan's for more Tablescape fun and more
Thrifty Thursday fun at Leigh's Tales of Bloggeritaville.

Until next time, have a great day.

Related Posts with Thumbnails